Not So Young But Angry Conservatives Unite

Getting sick of the progressively worse slant and obvious bias of the media? Got booted out of other sites for offending too many liberals? Make this your home. If you SPAM here, you're gone. Trolling? Gone. Insult other posters I agree with. Gone. Get the pic. Private sanctum, private rules. No Fairness Doctrine and PC wussiness tolerated here..... ECCLESIASTES 10:2- The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.

Monday, August 14, 2006

ON THIS DAY

AUG 14, is the day that in....

1940- FDR and Winston Churchill signed the Atlantic Charter, citing a Germany First strategy in winning World War II, this was a year before America's entry into WWII.

1945- Japan accepts unconditional surrender terms as dictated by the Allies.

1980- Lech Walesa and the Polish Solidarity underground lead a massive strike in the Gdansk Shipyards.

1994- Carlos The Jackal, Carlos Ilyich Ramirez, is apprehended by authorities. Carlos was a terrorist who killed dozens of people in his almost 20 year reign of terror in Europe and abroad.

And you may share a birthday with.....

Steve Martin
Jimmy Johnson
Gary Larson
Magic Johnson
Mila Kunis
Marcia Gay Harden

So enjoy.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said…

    TexPat! Dawned on me that I've never visited. Still in mourning over Museum. What the f happened there? Sorry to see mooney visits, but at the same time, he's fun to kick around. Miss the good times, hope to have some here.

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger NDwalters said…

    Well Marshall, it imploded somehow, either ran out of money or everyone got busy and it wilted. Shame, that was a fun site. I bet that Mark Patterson guy, SENOR ALL CAPS shot himself since his outlet to rage is gone....

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger blamin said…

    Hey Marshall

    Good to "see" ya around!

    I always enjoy your musings.

    Speaking of lunatics, I catch you over at CLB and action point every now and again. That is one chick that's definitely "gone off the deep end"!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger NDwalters said…

    CLB? What's that, Blamin?

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said…

    CLB aka Cynthia Black, is a lib chick who sometimes posted at the Museum. In fact I had a few debates with her there that ran past the thread's posting and into the archives. As Blamin said (yo,blamin muh man!) she's out there on the far left edge. She speaks well, but still is out there. I still do battle with her. CLB also stands for "cranky little blog" as in just another cranky little blog . com where she still sometimes posts, but how has one called actionpoint.blogspot (if I'm not mistaken. It's in my favorites for easy access) As with blamin' she blocked me for a while at her original site, but then relented. Not sure if she's cool with it, except that I'm one of her only visitors. Love yanking her chain. Oh yeah...she actually has a radio program that is aired on a Phoenix Air America affiliate and someday I might actually listen to an archived program. So far, the guests have a strong "fuck that shit" factor.

    Say blamin,

    I'm dying to read your retort to that one particular thread she has about Dems toutin' their shit. Sorry, I don't have the proper title, but you know what I mean. Your stuff is always a great read.

    This final bit might be a bit too touch feely, but I've always wanted to clarify this position. Way back when, at the Museum, I spoke sharply against some of the more, shall I say, colorful comments that you'd make, Nick. I hope you didn't take too much offense, as I thought such language was counterproductive in winning over any open minded libs. I'm not above some shitty talk myself, but frankly thought some was over the top. At the time, there were some regular lib visitors who were very crass and thought it better to stay on the high road. However, I definitely was down with the emotion behind it. Hope that clears up any misunderstandings. Or perhaps this was all unnecessary.

    In any case, let the good times roll!

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said…

    It DID begin to fade after the nuptuals.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said…

    It's no secret that Les lists to the portside, but I have a hard time grouping him with the likes of cartooney.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home